A new way of designing the factory
More competitive and more flexible, the factory of tomorrow meets the diversification of needs in ever shorter time frames. It is also more environmentally friendly and more energy efficient.
The factory of the future is the factory of all digital and all robotic. But contrary to what one would believe, the operator occupies a preponderant place.
Indeed, Industry 4.0 is there to help the man. It refocuses it on value-added tasks, frees it from ever-increasing and burdensome “paperwork”, to suppress seizures and double entries, to limit errors and especially to eliminate the time lost to correct them.
By also allowing time for managers to work on optimizing the value chain, new organizations tend to ask the operator more: launch production, capture of times, quantities, productivity defects… With machines, man becomes the central point of the digital system because it is him who feeds it ground data. Without this, no data for management, no data for the client, … and in the industry 4.0 THE DATA is the cornerstone.
INDUSTRY 4.0: good reasons to go
Reason 1 : A changing world
- New approach to consumerism, towards mass customization
- Increased product quality and wealth of associated services
- Networking and geographical breakdown of activities
- Demand for reactivity and short-term performance
Reason 2 : Strong political will
- With an industry losing momentum, put man and investment back at the heart of growth and employment
- Industry of the future pushed by the State
Reason 3 : Issues for each company
- BtoB companies: increase productivity and responsiveness to business fluctuations, offer the best technological level and take a more prominent place in value chains
- BtoC companies: adapting to new market demands (local production, mass customization, services, connection to the final customer) or reducing production costs
- Respond to strong constraints: environment, place of the human in its organization, regulations…
- Reach an innovative image and attract talent
Not only technology
Moving to Industry 4.0 involves the integration of new technologies but also requires taking into account other aspects including:
- Industrial strategy
- Place of the human in the factory
- Investment Capabilities
- Value chains and future offer
Smart industry : What way for the human ?
A new organization of the means of production, the factory of the future aims to set up intelligent factories offering greater flexibility in production and a more efficient “management” of all resources (means, materials, energy, human resources) . At the center of this industrial revolution is the operator!
Read more about : Smart industry : What way for the human ?
They have already switched to industry 4.0
Industrialists of all sizes and sectors have already taken the step, discover them.